Fly Tying
Graham

Match the Hatch Challenge#8

I think tying Cased Caddis would be fun for this months Challenge. The picture below was taken by Jason at troutnut.com, a web site with amazing macro photos of living trout food. Since we are off to such a good start this month, I changed the title of this topic from "looking for cased Caddis pics" to Realistic Challenge #8.

There are a number of excellent links and pictures posted below for reference, as well as some excellent examples tyed by albert, so lets all find some time at the vise to produce some realistic cased Caddis flies.

user posted image

Graham i have a few that i copied from Jason's site that i will post.Have to upload then i'll post them if that helps.

tt

Here are a few case caddis pictures.All the credit for pictures though go to Jason at Troutnut.com.If anyone wants great pictures of bugs to try and to duplicate for flies take a look at his site very usefull info.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

tt

Geez Albert, the rate at which you turn out amazing realistic flies seems almost impossible. Does the label on your avatar cigar say Elproducto, because that would be a good name for you. laugh.gif

Graham

I'm still waking up and chugging my coffee, looked at one of alberts pics and just realized its has a hook in it laugh.gif I thought it was real.

While on the subject of insect pics, thank you Febfly for the great link, and I thank you for directing me to the fantastic dragonfly posted a couple days ago.

Here's another insect photography site I like alot, its in Japanese, but has hundreds of amazing photos.

Macro insect photography from Japan

Graham