Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
johnnyquahog

Fly Vise Pedestal ++

I thought I’d share this here.  A few days ago there was a question about bone handle tying tools.  I went to the Etsy site to look since this is where unique crafts are offered that you can’t find elsewhere except eBay but the pictures are much better on Etsy.  Struck out on the bone handle tools but this oversized cast aluminum vise base with an impressive HMH TVR vise really caught my eye.  I read the description and checked the seller to see that he had a couple of even larger pedestal bases for sale and some custom options.  Looking at the larger bases I thought that the profile plate on my vise would bang into the tool rack on the base so I messaged the seller.  Ten minutes later I get a response that it wasn’t a concern.  A couple more messages and he offered me a striper second for a decent discount.  I couldn’t refuse.  This is 11 pounds of aluminum and arrived 2 1/2 days later to pair up with my 25+ year old vise.

IMG_0501.thumb.jpeg.b9de7af1b81ce65c742f94ea25108dd8.jpegIMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.f47d16cb14c8ef757cba5d9292a754fe.jpeg