Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Question

There are a ton of blanks available to build on out there, and I can build on any of them. So no real way to put all blanks on the site. So interested customers look at my site and then contact me directly. Some custom builders are set up with a specific brand or two of blanks where they get a discount on said blanks. So they put that brand on their site and that's what they promote.

But I like to suit the feel/action of a blank to what the customer wants and not try to stick with one certain brand. I have a few series I bring in directly which I build on, but there are many times a customer may want something I don't bring in myself so I go elsewhere for it so I can get the feel/action the customer wants. If they have a specific blank brand they want then I can get that, but usually I will talk to them and find out what they are trying to accomplish. Such as euro nymphing, or are they fishing a tiny stream and need something short and very full flex, or are they fishing a larger river with big streamers and a sink tip where they need a fast action/crisp tip rod. Once they explain to me what they are planning on doing then having built as many rods as I have built over the past 20 yrs, I can help suggest to them what blank would suit what they are trying to accomplish. So I try to consider action & feel of a blank over a specific brand.

Eventually that site will be updated too. Its outdated because the guy that I use to have manage my site went into another field of work many yrs ago. I actually designed a new site myself that looks really nice a couple yrs ago, but just haven't got around to the headache of getting it live and redirecting to it as well as setting up new server payment and all that jazz yet.