Fly Tying
john1962

2nd attempt on rusty parachute

20 minutes ago, cebe said:

Hey john1962

that fly would match the mahogany duns here on the AuSable and Manistee. Parachutes that size and larger work pretty well here as a dun.

Not my finest tying, but I'm working on it.

Next year I will be visiting friends in Michigan and the plan is to do some fly fishing.

I hope to be a much better fly tyer.

Tightlines 

John,

I wrote some instructions on how to dub fly bodies on the link below with following comment by noted fly tyer Al Beaty.

I just learned something new,  was wrapping the dubbing wrong, I'm lefthanded. 

Thank you silvercreek, I will try that.

Very good tip

If you do fish Michigan, that “fat” body will be a good match for the “Batfly” baetisca duns and spinners.  The fish can be kind of selective towards a robust body like that, so tie a few more before you “improve” your technique. The color is relatively close too.

It's on my bucket list for sure, I think I have my dubbing issues worked out. I've tied a couple dry fly spinners posted in beginner section and they came out good too much wing though ,alot easier to ty then the parachute. Presently I'm working on tying the flys for the stone fly swap,shakey hands and working with rubber legs, the challenge is real.🤣

Tightlines