Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stisser

Spen Caddis

IPB Image IPB Image

Size 16 Swisher & Richards spent caddis. Note that the wings are tied

in Dee style for you Salmon tiers. Point is that many Salmon fly techniques

are very useful in trout fly tying as well. I hope that I have done this

pattern justice.

Very well done! Have you casted it yet? Just curious if there will be any twisting problems, I doubt it due to the low profile of the wings but I'm just curious

I'd say that you certainly have. I can see myself catching fish on this pattern this spring.

I tied and fished these many years ago, no twisting problem that I remember. I forgot about this pattern and have not tied or fished in years. I was thumbing through books to find something unusual to demonstrate at upcoming Fly Fishing Show in Denver and voila! I will be doing this fly along with others at the show. I know that it gets boring for visitors to see same thing every year so I try to pick at least something less common each year. I am hoping that the visitors will like this one.. Wish me luck.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Super job, I like this fly a lot. Is that duck quill or goose wings? I know some Browns on the Davidson that would fall for that fly.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Super job, I like this fly a lot. Is that duck quill or goose wings? I know some Browns on the Davidson that would fall for that fly.

Yes I used duck quill. Interesting you should ask... For my no hackles I use duck from size 14 to 18,

use teal for 20 to 26 and use goose for large size 10s which is probably the best green drake pattern

I have ever put on the water. I find just like deer hair or anything else that has to be sized so too

does the coarsness of winging material.

Great little pattern there Scott. Good job.

What are the dates for the show? I'm planning on coming down if the roads are okay.

Great little pattern there Scott. Good job.

What are the dates for the show? I'm planning on coming down if the roads are okay.

Jan 6, 7 and 8th. I'll be there the 7th and 8th Chuck the 6th and the 7th.

6th - 11 am to 6 pm

7th - 9 am - 5:30 pm

8th - 9 am - 4:30 pm

Thanks Scott. I cant find my map of Denver, can you tell me how to get there? I'm coming south on I25 from Cheyenne. I get lost pretty easy down there.

Thanks Scott. I cant find my map of Denver, can you tell me how to get there? I'm coming south on I25 from Cheyenne. I get lost pretty easy down there.

This is falling off a log. I-25 South to 58th Ave.

58th Ave East and the Merchant Mart entrance

for the show is just behind the Quality Inn hotel

a 9 foot shooting line cast from the exit on the

North side of 58th.

See ya there. Scott