Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Idiots on the water

Just wanted to share a couple of bonehead things I seen on the water while in PA.

Chris and I were fishing close to the mouth of Walnut Creek and this guy got snagged up on a rock and he waded out a little ways to unhook himself, no big deal right. We look over and this idiot had his blue jeans pulled up to his knees and had no socks or shoes on and was knee high in very, very cold water bugeyes.gif . Then he got it unhooked and made it back over and I seen him standing on rock still barefoot. My question is why not buy a $10 pair of knee high boots from Wal-Mart at least? dunno.gif

I was fishing the famous Manchester Hole at night by myself and for anyone who has ever seen it there is about an 8 ft. cliff right behind you. The trail only goes so far and then you have to make it down to the water via some steps that was made. Well I seen this idiot maybe 16 or 17 standing at the top of this cliff directly behind me and he was stuck in the briars because the trail ended about 50 ft back. Then the land owner told him to get out of there that he needed to be down on the water and the kid could not get away from the briars so he decided to try to make it down from where he was at. He ended up loosing his footing and slid all the way down the jagged shale cliff on his stomach and luckily landed on his feet. His arms and legs and stomach were all cut up and he just laughed at walked away. God I love fishing laugh.gif

yeah, fishing the steelhead run was a new experience for me....three people within a mile of the same stretch of creek is crowded to me...I adjusted well and made polite conversation with everyone i fished with. I managed not to hang into anyone's line. but a few baitcasters did test my patience....and how about that asshole doing the "Cookie Dance"...man....Steelheaders surely do not have a sense of humor!

That guy that was wading barefoot...what an ass....hope his toes fell off!! That guy had less of a clue than I did! He shouldn't be out in public without adult supervision! And the kid in the briars...glad he didn't take you with him when he came down! Don't think we had enough for bail money!

When I saw the title, I was thinking it was about us this weekend.

Just a couple of reason I try to stay away from Walnut.

---

Come on Will you can do better than a freaking Ewok.

If an Ewok could drink as much as I did Friday night, then I'd understand.

Kevin i heard you wondered why we hadnt messed with you much yet on site dry.gif

Oh buddy you opened up a world of hurt on your ass now my friend...it's coming!

laugh.gif

SD