Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fund Raising Rod Build Auction #5

This is the last of the fund raising rod build auctions which has been put on by the members of RBF. This auction is to help fund this and all of the other sites that we operate including TFF, RBF and the new Hatches Magazine. Operating this many high bandwidth sites is very expensive but we have always gave everyone the opportunity to upload and use as many photos as you wish. Photos are the most expesive to store and to serve up on a webpage so this is somebody's opportunity to give back and help out.

The rod is a 8'6" 3pc 6wt built on a Forecast blank that was custom builty by jbrowning. The rod features a unique grip with accented burl. The wraps and blank are blue and both the guides and the reel seat hardware are black. The rod also come with a sock and a very nice rod tube.

That you Jim for your generous donation, it is greatly appreciated!!!

The bidding will start at $25 and bids will be accepted until Tuesday, Jan 17th 9:00 PM EST. Please post a reply with your bid amount. Good luck and happy bidding!!!

Some pics of the rod are below

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Alex.... dry.gif laugh.gif

Alright, lets make bid increments of at least $5 please.

Sorry I couldn't resist :lol: In my defense I misread the post title and thought it said "FUN Raising Rod Build Auction #5", instead of "Fund Raising Rod Build Auction #5" :bs: B)

On that note I will bow out on this one, since I'm gonna win the FTOTY bamboo rod anyway :smoke:

Hey, a guy can dream can't he? :D

You are quite welcome Will. I figured it is the least I could do for the website. WOW! over $100.00 for my flyrod. I am totally shocked. Whoever wins it I hope you like it.

Thanks

Jim

The auction is now closed and the winner is Mike.

Thanks again Jim for your donation and thanks to Mike. I'm gonna send you a PM with payment details and to get your address.

:headbang: Thanx Will & Jim, I can't wait! I will be sure to post some pic.s when I get it out this Spring.

I've been looking for a rod like that for a while now to take backpacking or bicycling.

Mike