Fly Tying
SullyTM

TUBE FLY PATTERN

Can anyone provide me with a good beginning step-by-step tube fly pattern? I've heard alot about the use of tubes. Thought I might try a pattern. Thanks. SullyTM

The Hatches article is great for showing how to get set up. For other patterns just tie the streamers you have on hooks on tubes. You could even try tying nymphs and wet flies. Maybe even a realistic fly on a tube.

Sounds easy enough fellas. Thanks for the input.

Do tube flies offer anything different than non-tube flies? More movement? SullyTM

I just recently started playing with tubes, so far it seems like the sky is the limit as far as what you can do on them. One nice thing about them is you can use different size/styles of hooks with the same fly, even trebles. Another is the tube will slide up the line when fighting a fish, instead of getting tore up in it's mouth, and therefore should last longer.

Can anyone provide me with a good beginning step-by-step tube fly pattern? I've heard alot about the use of tubes. Thought I might try a pattern. Thanks. SullyTM

hi Sully

take a look at this page www. danishflydesign.dk

jens