Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Redwings1

Gill otine

I forgot to add the bead head to the material list.

This fly is listed on my site as a 'Rubber legged flashback stone', but I have since taken to calling it the Gill otine as it has placed many a gill on the wrong side of a toasted rye sandwich...just need to update the site now...

The light creme and tan version as an alternate is killer as well.

Nice one redwings. I'm yet to try the rubber leg phenomenon. Do you feel the legs give it that extra little touch? I mean, I'm sure the extra movement helps, I just really haven't tried anything with it in the fly yet. Crazy and archaic as it may sound. Nice fly though. James D TB7

TB7 - I do think that the legs add a little movement, and that may be enough to entice an otherwise stand-offish fish. No proof to back it up though as when it is working I hav not taken it off to see if a non legged vresion will work as well...

Bowfish - The casing is two strips of Mirage Flash tied over black dubbing.

I like this one! I actually had a dream about fishing for bluegills on Cowen last night. It involved a meteorite and a big wave, but there was definite bluegill activity... I shouldn' have had that fruitecake before bed...