Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hatches Magazine: Dye Job

That's a great article. My fear of dying :huh: is assuaged :D

Seriously though.. I got a pile of muskrat from a trapper friend that I'm gonna have to try out in a die bath. This article will be re-read a number of times!

Thanks Jeff! I can definitely say that if you plan to do some dying that AK's book is an excellent reference.

I've hear that about A.K.'s book from a lot of people. They have a few copies at my local fly shop so I'll be picking one up next time I'm in.

Michael this is awesome. I was glad to see a step by step for this process. Now it's time to go to the store and get some RIT and have some fun. Thanks for taking the time to give us this info :yahoo:

Ashby

Lance - I just read your posting and visited your website. That's a great idea and I love the colors. I recently had my wife pick me up some burlap for tying and she came back with enough for 5 lifetimes... I'm going to have to cut this stuff up and try my hand at dying some burlap. It looks like burlap would make a great substitute for wool in nymphs (very buggy looking). Thanks for sharing.

- Ray

(Smallie Hunter - Nice article!)

Redwings1 - Sorry about my last postscript. When I looked at the initial posting I saw SmallieHunter's user name and assumed he had written the article. :wallbash: