Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Begginers Vice, tools, cost

I see that many say a whipfinisher is needed i would say its cheaper and it take no more time in learning too do a whipfinish with your fingers.

/Jocke H

i somewhat recently started as well and with a cabela's tying kit. there was an issue of some material shortages as you get a book with about 6 flies in it with the kit and thats about how much material they give you as well. luckily there was someone to help my parents with buying it and pointed out a few better quality tools to add to it such as the ceramic bobbin dr slick scissors and rotating hackle pliers. since this winter i will be helping a few boys in the scout troop get started on our yearly trip to cabelas this will help out a bunch. now i can tell them some other things to get and not to get discouraged by the vise. that cabelas master "vise" didnt seem that great to me. i havent even been tying a year and ive already replaced it with a renzetti. just like hairstackers kid i couldnt get the arm flipped up either and im 15. so i found a nice pair of pliers that fit around the adjusment knob and would flip the arm up with just enough pressure to hold the hook in place long enough to get the pliers around the knob and tighten the crap outa that thing. also just having this site around has made me be at the vise more tying stuff i never thought id be able to tie this site is great!