Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
terrapinted

Room for another Connecticut Yankee?

This is a great web site! My friends Gary and Double Haul told me about this.

My interest is saltwater fly fishing. For the last few years a kayak has helped me expand fishing possibilities. I belong to the CT Fly Fisherman's Assoc (CFFA) which is a supportive group of diverse fishing enthusiasts and is committed to educating people about fly fishing. Gary is our club’s education chairman. I help him run salt fly tying and, with Double Haul, salt fly fishing classes. The amount of fishing I do causes pangs of guilt about being selfish but I offset the guilt by teaching skills during the winter.

The biggest influences on the evolution of my fishing are Ed Mitchell, Bob Popovics, Lou Tabory, Kenny Abrahms, Alan Caola and Lefty Kreh. As I get older I've come to appreciate how fortunate it is to have a passion like salt water fly fishing. I am indebted to the dozens of other fishermen I have befriended over the years for all the things they taught me.

Ted Rzepski

Welcome to the forum Ted! I wouldn't be associating yourself too closely with Mark around here, you dont want to start off on the wrong foot. :hyst:

Have fun and make yourself right at home.

Hi Ted. Great open house this past February. I finally met Mark and picked up some great tips from Bob Marino. Really enjoyed meeting Ed Mitchell and his wife. He did a excellent seminar on outdoor photography. I always browse the CFFA site. Sorry, I just don't have the time to join-up

Howie

Welcome to the forum Ted! I wouldn't be associating yourself too closely with Mark around here, you dont want to start off on the wrong foot. :hyst:

That's it, Will. I was going to get you a nice booster seat for your tying bench, but now I don't think I will. <_< :D

Welcome aboard Ted. Don't mind the management here....it's the inmates running the asylum. ;)