Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Carver

Update on the exotic wood fly box

Well I have now officially screwed up 2 boxes! I gotta stop working on it when I'm beat. Sorry this is taking so long gang, but I will have it done soon. Either that or I''ll run out of cocobolo. I'll cut 2 more sides on Tuesday and start again. Thanks for your patience folks. :dunno:

Guys,

Paul's a perfectionist, by the way... I saw his last "screwed up" fly box and would have loved to have taken it home.

(I was gonna swipe it but the sneaky dude distracted me with a hunk of jalapeno cheese and hid the box when I wasn't looking.)

Cheers!

Gary

I'm contemplateing makeing a couple. I want to use a hasp so I can cinch the lid down against a seal though. Have you looked into any type of little seals or gaskets yet? I should go search Veritas, but then, I'll be depressed looking at all the tools I need....

The only problem with sealing them is the inside of the box and the flies in it need to breath a little to cut down on Milldew. Having said that I primarily use sysem x boxes and they are sealed, so don't listen to me! :dunno:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all your hard work. Yes, I understand about mildew. I think you best bet is to send the "bad" boxes to me. I can store flies in them without a mildew problem because I live in the desert! No mildew! <G>. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com