Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Wobble Lip Juvenile Frog

I tied a few things on this fly that did not really need to be there, I am waiting for the UPS. I also wanted to see what the matuka wing/tail configuration would look like for an inverted foam popper head style slider. There are a few step by step photos that go from left to right

Lovely fly

sure to take a few pike

Just wondering whre you get the wool for the head

all the best

john

Hey thanks, Hareline Dubiing Inc. sells it, Rams Wool, and I cant remember if I bought it online or at my local fly shop. I think I requested it from J. Stockard

Joe that is sick!!!!! Is that the pop bottle lip??? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks kind words are aprecieated, this is the first one I have tied, a differnt hook and differnt colour schenes are going through my head.

The lip is a Stonefly Fly Tying, (Hopkins& Holloway Limited) Fly Wobbler size # 3, I got from Cabela's. The glass rattle is 3mm.

With respect to all our tiers, this is the most imaginative fly I've seen in a very long time!

I would call that a wobble fish as much as a wobble frog, but either way, that looks like a very good pattern. I bet I would have caught a few smallies with that this past sunday. I tried many minnow patterns and caught some nice ones on minnow stream patterns. They really seemed to be keen to action and that fly I would suspect has it.

Wow, thanks sure means a lot. I added the red for a mouth, or gills. If it is mistaken for either, great! I will try this fly soon, and fill you in.