Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DNA

Overseas tying

Hello to all,

New to this forum, not new to fly fishing/tying. I have build up an amazing amount of gear, probably due to GAS (Gear Aquiring Syndrome). Flyfishing in the Netherlands is mainly 'a very relaxing manner to catch almost nothing', however, nearby countries have got the rivers and lakes one would like to fish. Within a day's driving distance from the French and Belgian rivers with trout and close enough to Norway or the UK to go salmon fishing.

Apart from flyfishing I do a lot of cycling (road cycling) and rowing (remnant from my college period).

I work at the research hospital of Leiden, an idyllic town about 40 kilometers (25 miles) southwest of Amsterdam, though I hardly ever visit Amsterdam since it is crowded with tourists. My reseach topic is genetics of osteoarthritis, I am trying to put a piece of the puzzle in its place of this complex disease. I do a lot of DNA research, not CSI style but real labour :P

Kind regards

Always glad to see more guys from 'your side of the pond' here at the forum as it is cool to see what different kinds of flies you have compared to what we use. Welcome and look forward to some pictures!

Welcome to the site, and I see that you are in one of the swaps with me, can't wait to see how ya tie, and I hope you enjoy all of the great info and great people we have here. Make yourself right at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome, its always good to exchange knowledge and experience and this sure seems like the right place to do so judging from the amount of active members. That's one of the advantages of the US, it's huge compared to our tiny speck on the map (ever tried to find it, it's like a hooksize 29 next to a 1/0 in terms of tying).

I hope I can do my part of the knowledge and experience exchange.