Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Illinoisgiller

Locating wild colored hackle?

I would like to find hackle for some tiny 124 th oz bluegill jigs I want to tie. I need pink- Chartuse- and red. I seen some at the Iowa Flyfishers show in Iowa City and got a selection in dyed grizzly capes, but now want colors dyed over white. The dealer I got them from is Grey Drake Hackle Co out of Madison Wisc. I can't get a response from his phone and his web site is gone so need other source. I realize these are somewhat strange colors, but they do work.

I am very new to tying, but I think the ones I want are called dry fly hackle.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You, Mike

I seen that J. Stockard is the sponser of this site within minuits after posting and emailed them . Since I got no reply, I'm assuming they don't carry this product.

I am tying a small sparkle jig. I use 1/124 th oz jig with 12 hook. Mariboo tail with a few strands of flash and sparkle body. The hackle is tied in the normal fashion at the front behind the eye to slow the jig fall.

I'll see if I can get pictures posted.

I do know the dealers name but don't think it would be proper to put his name on the web without his permission. If you think you have contact information, please send to [ [email protected] ]

Thanks all, Mike

I was contacted today By the Grey Drake Hackle Co, and he can get the wild colors I'm in need of . Thank you to whoever got the information to him. :yahoo: Note- I forgot to ask his permission to post his contact information but will ask when I contact him again. Mike

Try wally word craft section for the marabou and poss. the hackle also, or some other local craft store may have it to? I get alot of bright feathers at those places. it is low quality hackle but we're not talkin dry flies.