Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer-1

OMN Tying Videos

Can some of the more technically savy subscribers tell me how to record to disk the tying videos I have downloaded from OMN? I would like to covert them to a medium to view them independently of the computer.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Once downloaded, the are already in Windows Media file format (.wmv), which can be viewed by most common playback tools (e.g. Windows Media Player which comes pre-installed on 99.9% of all PCs out there, RealPlayer, etc...) No conversion is required.

On Windows XP at least, the files typically typically end up in a folder called "My Deliveries", which is under the main "My Documents" folder.

to put them on DVD I use Nero 7 its a little expensive $70 but makes it really easy to understand what your doing

you can download a 30 day trial at the Nero website

the program lets you set up a menu and chapters so it looks like a off the shelf DVD

I used a program called "SmartDVD Creator Pro" to put them on DVD. It runs$40.00. On the completed DVD it puts the file names up as an index when the DVD loads in the player. They worked just fine on my Phillips DVD player. The demo only lets you burn up to 70% of a file but it gives you chance to see how it works. Down side is that it takes a long to time make a DVD. . . 6hrs to put three 1/2 hr. shows on a DVD. I just queued up the three shows I wanted to burn and let it run over night. Got'm all done now.