Fly Tying
fcflyguy

Football team Clousers!!!!!!!!!&#3

These are some nice looking flies that are being posted. I'm still waiting on supplies. :dunno: I didn't have enough blue deer tail to tie up a dozen. Seeing all these flies makes me want to get going on them. This is going to be a one nice set of flies.

Finally got the blue deer tails I ordered today and I can get going on "gettin' them done".

I went up to a size 4 for mine. Daiichi 1750, it's 4x long with a straight eye, which I like for my clousers.

Mine finally got mailed today. I went down to a size 10 with beadchain eyes. I have tested it and found that the trout, bluegill and crappie love it. i had a few small bass, but none of great size.

Their on the way.

I went up to a size 4 for mine. Daiichi 1750, it's 4x long with a straight eye, which I like for my clousers.

So far I'm not finding a 4X hook with a straight eye around town. Is the straight eye that important?

Still have to try the Orvis store, though, and that may be my best bet.

The clouser traditionally has a straight eye hook, for whatever that's worth. I have only had a problem with the down eye when using lighter beadchain eyes. The down eye, inverted, puts more weight above the shank, which, without much weight below the shank, can cause the fly to ride on its side.

Deeky

Got'em Done. Need an address. Here is a pic of what I will be mailing. Now it's off to get the pike flies done for that swap. This one has been fun.

post-3379-1159151895_thumb.jpg

They are in the mail today. I'm not sure if those colors will catch fish, but I enjoyed tying them.

I'll bet they catch more fish than games the Bronco's win though. :hyst:

Got flys from flyrod98 nice job

thanks for the extra

Whats the extra bags for?

FC

Use them to put the flies in that are sent back to me. If it takes too much time, just return them in the envelope. This was a fun swap, thanks for hosting it.