Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

a little help on tube flies?

ok...i just founed out about tube flies a few weeks ago while i was roming the site...but i dont get it...what type of fish are they used for? how do u rig them?and how are they any different than regular flies?if u could help me get out of this confussion i would really apreciate it.

thanks,

sniksoh

with a tube fly the fly is tied on a tube then the line is passed through the tube and a hook is tied on, this way you can easily change hook sizes and it also give a lower mortality rate

Tube fly's originated in europe for salmon and sea trout. Whats nice about them is they sink fast(metal tubes) and you can combine them to make different colored flies.They were designed with treble hooks but most go with a single hook nowadays..great saltwater fly..

would it be good for fishing largemouth bass? :dunno: do u have any good links that will show me EVERYTHING about tube flies...like how to tie them, how to set them up on a vise and stuff like that?