Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mitch821

Traveling Case

I just "found" this case lying around. Pretty nice hardshell. So I've re-organized some of my things. Now I have a traveling case :D Right now I have everything I need to tie Wooly Buggers/ESL's/Eggs/Spawn Sacs(Steelhead season is upon us :yahoo: )....locked and loaded :P

IPB Image

IPB Image

I wish I could do something like that. Everytime I go on a trip I end up taking just about everything with me just in case I might need it. Every trip I only use a few different things, but then on the next trip I always end up taking more than the last. It's a vicious cycle.

Thanks all!

bentflyrod....looks like your's can hold a heck of a lot more material than mine!!!

I have my eye on another case that I might be able to "find" hehehe...depending on if no one has used it in a while ;)

OLB- I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately I have to drive a min. of 3 hours to get to any good steelies and I try to bring my vise/material w/me and most times I forget something.

I'm looking to do some mods to the case for holding my tools and spools. If I can get it the way I am wanting to do it I'll repost the pics!

Wilcara-Thanks! Well..unfortunately you can't see it real well due to my camera phone's resolution, but you can see the black magic marker where I traced out the vice :) I just used the knife on my gerber multitool!! Cutting length wise on the foam was pretty easy, we have one of those big paper cutters at the office and it has those nice lines to keep it even then "kwop" nice straight cut foam :) on the sides and top those were already cut out for the power supply and other accessories for what the case was originally for!!(if you see the top of the case it says Random-it was originally made for an old computer console) Just so happened the spools fit perfectly on top. I think what I'll do next is make some cut outs for all of my tools next to the vise and use the top left corner for a fly corner...the hackle and heads on my buggers on top are getting smashed :wallbash: