Fly Tying
Graham

Bird Photography

Hi Graham!

Ahh man .. dont know what do say.. but you have some really amazing looking pictures in here!

Its something special photographing birds.. i specially like shooting raptors ^^

Anyway.. keep up this fantastic work you up too. Beutifull pics!!!

Regards Bazz

Hi Bazz,

I truly enjoyed looking at your bird photos on your website. Looks like we have much in common, sure hope to see you around. What type of camera and lenses do you use? I have a Nikon D200 and for birds use a 70-200 f/2.8 and a 300 f/4. I love raptors as well, and have been thinking of driving to Big Bear Lake, about 80 miles from home, because there are several pairs of bald eagles nesting for there this winter. I'm just dying to get some eagle shots.

Cheers,

Graham

Hi Graham!

Thanx =) and yeah haha we got a few things here in common!!

Shooting raptors can be magic if you get lucky.. and eagles are hard to get a good shoot on.. at least here in sweden ^^ If i were you id drive right away for those birds ^^

When i shoot birds i use my Canon 30D together with my 400 5.6L. A fantastic birdcombo!!

But ive also taken a few good shoots with the 70-300IS

These are 400 5.6L shoot (great lens)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And this is a 70-300IS shoot (not so expensive yet pretty sharp) and also got image stabilizator

IPB Image

Regards Bazz

Awesome shots Bazz, really brightened my day looking at them, thanks for sharing!!!!

Lets get some new shots!!! Maybe I can get out tomorrow with my camera.

Graham

THere are Golden Eagles and all kinds of Hawks just two miles South of where I am now, but we still have about three feet of snow on the ground preventing me from getting to them. So for now I have to be happy with the little birds that I can reach.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is not my pic. I was reading this thread and tried to get the photographer to post it. I guess the forum we are on together has faulty e-mail. So I am posting this for Flats Stalker of Colorado. Hope you don't mind Flats...

IPB Image

Wow, all of these new bird photos are GREAT!!! I've been trying to keep man made things out of my photos, but the rows of birds on the wires is just so cool, especially the open beaks, looks like the birds are a noisy bunch.

Phenomenal pictures guys! I'm working my way into the photography thing, but in the meantime, here is my favorite eagle shot taken by my Mom who is a talented amateur photographer. Sorry it is low res, but you get the picture. :P

IPB Image

AWESOME shot Chris. Are the eagles in your neck o the woods in August? I haven't taken any eagle shots yet, and seeing some bald eagles would be a thrill.

I have a feeling fishing with you in AK in August will be better than our trip last November, and it's hard to top that trip. I think 2007 will be a great year!!!! Your framed steelhead photo is being shipped tomorrow.

Wow, awesome shots! The details on the eagle are excellent. Is that a wild bird?

My hard drive has swollen in the past couple of months with bird shots, but I still haven't got the osprey taking a fish from the water yet. Figures, the one shot I want I just can't get. I have a few but not close enough to be worthy of posting anywhere. Bummer is, feels like summer is here already, has been in the upper 90's the past couple of days, and with only 2.6" of rain since spring of 06, the landscape never turned green this winter. I hope this doesn't drive the birds away.