Fly Tying
flyfishingtaz

replacement o-ring for renzetti traveler. any suggestions?

My o ring on the vise it all worn out. when I go to start my thread the hook pops out. I cant keep it in the vise. Any suggestions on how to get a new one, without the order and shipping costs to renzetti? :help:

They will probably send you a new one no cost. Send them an e-mail. Where you got your vise might have one kicking around. . Look around at your hardware/plumbing stores for something simmilar. Small rubber washer, a piece of an inner tube, a small rubber hose or surgical type tubing. Even a strong elastic band would work for a while.

nearly always, o-rings are standard sizes. IF they designed the product using a non standard o-ring, they would be wasting money.

take it to a hardware store, you ought to be able to find a replacement.

Joe

Any auto parts store will have a big box of any sized O ring you can imagine. Depending on how long you had the last one, get one extra. I wouldnt get more than that because they will break down and rot if you dont go through them on a regular basis.

I would call Lilly @ Renzetti. You should have your replacement Oring in no time at all. I had the screw break on my Renzetti and they shipped me 3 new ones at no charge. Great customer service!!!

Regards,

David

I sent em an email last night. It's $4.95 for a replacement o ring. Not sure how many would be included for that price, but Lilly stated that a #12 oring from a parts store would be the same as what they would send me. Now for what they want for 1 ring (I suppose), I can buy a package of them that will last a lifetime.

$4.95 for an O-ring :o

You could get about a dozen of them at the hardware for that price. And the extras you can just coat lightly with some oil and put in a plastic bag and they will stay good for a long time ;)

Yes, they charge for the O rings and the Jaw Adj. Screws. Mine are the older plastic knobs that cracked and fell apart. They are not covered under the Lifetime warranty. Not quite sure what is. I went to the hardware store and purchased a larger knob that works better anyway. All that said, I feel that Renzetti still makes the best vises on the market.

This is what I did to my travler, the surgical tubing will not rot from the elec. like rubber o-rings..its silicone based. then I made a new screw for the jaws, no more hooks slipping..

post-624-1164201521_thumb.jpg

post-624-1164201556_thumb.jpg