Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Derington

Laws Vice

Hi mtn,

Last time I checked ... and this was several years ago ... they were a bit over $600.00. I can't believe they would still be at that price. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I checked a couple of months ago and with the exchange rate at the time it was +$700. I have never seen a second hand LAW for sale, so new may be the only way to get one.

Sorry, no real insight on where to get one but..... What makes this vise so great to rationalize a $700 price tag? Just looking at the picture, it looks no better than any other rotary. Having never laid hands on one, have no idea. Thanks!

Waldron has made another vice. The Snowbee-Waldron vice. I have looked at this one, it looks very well made. I'm considering this model for my next vice. It is reasonably priced as well, around $350.00, as of last week with the exchange rates.

Bruce,

As you say, the LAW Bench vise has been on the market for some time, from 1989 to be exact. _Very_ rare for any to show up on the used market. I guess the owners must like them. I know I enjoy mine (vintage 1989) ;-)

Ordered from Lawrence they are GBP400, plus shipping.

Cheers,

Hans W

flymaker1,

Very close. I believe Snowbee USA will start marketing the Snowbee-Waldron vise on the North American market at US$345 in the very near future.

Cheers,

Hans W

couldn't get a link, but go to the Classic Rod Forum and go to the for sale items page 3 and a guy has one for sale. Says that sale is pending but might be worth checking out.

Dave

Bruce here's the add.

FS: LAW Bench Vise...SALE PENDING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the Snowbee-Waldron version. C-clamp. If you like a pedestal base, any standard one such as Regal will work. Current price is about 450GBP ($850) plus shipping from the UK. Excellent lightly used condition. Nothing wrong with this vise...it's as good as they say...this is my back-up LAW. $715 shipped, just in time for Winter.

greenriver7043 AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by: cdmoore at: 11/20/06 16:55

Add was posted 8 days ago by the moderator and is still pending. Let me know if your not interested because I'd like to snap it up myself if you don't want it, and if it's still available and the sale falls through.

John

I checked a couple of months ago and with the exchange rate at the time it was +$700. I have never seen a second hand LAW for sale, so new may be the only way to get one.

Hi troutbum was that with the base bobbin rest, accessories? I might be better to go new myself as well.