Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
carli

classic dry fly

Not sure if that is the right name but...

After being hooked on classic slamon flies I thought maybe a classic dry-fly would be fun too.

This fly is size 12 dry hook

IPB Image

Not absolute perfect but fun. Will try this one more time for the perfect look.

Used Sparrow wing feather instead of white kip tail for the wing(double split wing)

Any comments? :baby:

I believe that a Royal coachman has white duck quill wings with Golden pheasant tippets for the tail, The Royal Wulff has the hair wing with moose or deer hair tail or a lot of folks use ground hog tail or hackle. But If your doing a coachman I would stick with the standard materials thats what seperates it from the Wulff and if you do a real nice one I thinks its one of the best looking dry fly patterns out there.

Nice fly, I've really had the itfch the past few weeks to tie some classic style dries, this post has inspired me to whip a few out tonight :headbang:

IPB Image

I have posted this photo on a few sites I frequent, so why not here? :D A #10 March Brown on an old Mustad hook, tyed "Catskill style". Nothing in flytying I love more than Catskill drys! CJ