Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ironheader

ontario trout

Happy new year.

does anyone live in toronto or niagara falls canada that wants to get out for some trout this winter?

There are several of us that live in the area and fish all winter long. Welcome to the site and feel free to post when your going out and I'm sure one or more of us will join you!

Paul

hey,

i live just west of toronto, and wondering where some popular spots are througout the winter....that are still open.

i've tried on the Maitland, and 9 Mile, but 9 mile is pretty much closed now.

thanks,

scobbert. i've been fishing the credit river it's not too bad but i'm going out to owen sound on the 19th.

we're also going to try the saugeen.

oh ya. i've fished the credit twice earlier this year. what part is still open? do you know where i can find the regulations that show what is open year round.

so what are you fishing with now. i've been trying nymphs and wooley buggers....mainly because i'm learning to tie those.

the credit is open from the north side of Hwy#5 to the south side of Hwy#403. the humber is open as well.

You can park at the lot in Erindale park. I've been using huge orange and black stone flies and yarn flies.

The link is www.mnr.gov.on.ca/fishing/ for fishing regs.

hey ironheader, I'm new to the site. I live in niagara and love the steelies. Just gimme a call and we can fish the whirlpool.