Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Fumbling with leaders material

I always had trouble with my leader line being easy to reach and organized so they were readily accessible when needed at the size that I needed.

I found my self going through all my pockets in my vest hunting for the right spool

I just bought this plastic box they call the Tippet system-izer that hold spools of leader material and has dispenser holes so you can get all your different leaders from one small box>

It comes with labels for labeling the sizes and rubber for between the spools so mot to unfurl easily.

Looks like this may help me get organized for this spring.

user posted image

Yeah i have been gettin tired of diggin for the right spool myself bob so i just recently bought something to "organize" my tippet spools. Didnt get the box though i got a leader spool holder that clips to the vest,hope it dosent "get in the way" though,if it does i might check out one of those boxes.

SD

steeldrifter, i have one of the spool holders that clips to my vest, and i absolutely hate it. it gets in the way all the time. i was so fed up with it in fact i threw it in the trunk of my car and havent seen it since.

just to big and bulky if you ask me.

As stupid as this is gonna sound, you guys who don't like the vest mounted lanyard style spool 'tenders' oughta give a little thought to a nylon toilet seat hinge bolt. Stick the spools on, screw the nut down and throw it in your vest pocket or whatever you use.