Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bert Brehm

Fly Pattern Database generates software error messages

While trying to access this page:

with this browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

I get these errors.

IPB WARNING [2] getimagesize(/home/willmull/public_html/uploads/none.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 67 of /classes/thumbnail_create.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 398 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 399 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 400 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 404 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 406 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willmull/public_html/init.php:269) (Line: 407 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)

Yes. I can scroll down too, just like you described.

But now try clicking on one of the options under "List By:", for example "Imitation". I get error messages again and no results.

I no longer see database error messages when accessing the "Fly Pattern Database". Thanks to whomever fixed the problem. I am still getting errors when choosing options under "List By:".

Is this the appropriate place to report problems?

Yes, it is. The List by problem is something I am looking into, it may or may not come back as a feature. There are too many patterns, and those pages are taking too long to load.

Bert,

I am a php programmer by trade, I am fully aware of indexes. When it was written back when I first wrote the database the point of those links was to show all the patterns on one page. If I did a pagination system, it would work fine...I just don't have the time to rewrite a bunch of code right now. Especially when you can do a search and find the same info.

Well then, you're obviously the right man for the task. The search function is more than adequate. Congratulations on a well-done website.