Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Shad Cam!

The Shad Cam is up and running! Thanks to Chip on RS.com for keeping us aware of this! If you haven't seen it before, check it out. It's live shots of the James river from underwater at Bosher Dam. You'll see many different species of fish from time to time.

Shad Cam

Sad aint it!!!

Would be a fun way to mess with people though wouldnt it......get a costume of a lizard man or somethin and swimm by the camera late at night laugh.gif

Steve, have fun swimming by the camera in a lizard suit at 2 in the mornin. Make sure to record it, cause me, along with everyone else with atleast some sense on this board, will be sleepin. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Its still early, wont be long until you see a bunch of fish.

Last year I saw shad, smallies and some things that looked like eels.

Steeldrifter, you might want to rethink the lizard costume. If something like that were to be seen you would have my environmentalist neighbors here in Calif on the next plane out there pressing the Federal govt. to confiscate all the surrounding propertys so the poor creature would be saved.

man, I have been watching that thing for about a week now. Quick glances a few times an hour and I have seen nothing. Did anybody freeze a still from it that has a fish in it? Next time you see a fish, could you keep a still of it (right click and go to save image or save picture) and post it here?

Dan

Dorsal and ventral views suggests we observed the same species, perhaps even the same specimen. I am intrigued by the small bright orange appendage on the head, do you think it is to attract mates or perhaps draw small bait fish closer?