Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

Pic that I took this morning

I saw the coloring on this butterfly and just had to take a picture of it.

post-10010-1177262800_thumb.jpg

Lovely picture! I can understand why you wanted to capture the image. The coloration of this "flutter-by" reminds me of the colors of a Jungle Cock neck. Very cool.

Nice to see the first images of spring.

I hadn't even thought of it looking like a jungle cock cape, but now that you mention it it actually does, lol. I find the black butterflies usually have the best colors and patterns. I think it is just the drastic contrast of colors that always balance out somehow. Just goes to show we can create all the beautiful things we want, but can never make anything more beautiful than nature can make it. OK, thats my philosophical moment for a while, thinking like that makes my head hurt, lol.

That butterfly looks like a salmon fly Bud Buidry would tie. Very nice coloring.

Jim

Just a bit of an entomology lesson for the day that is a red spotted purple butterfly (common name) Limenitis Arthemis (scientific name) and yes it is very beautiful we have them every where here in MO and I love them when they flock to the bird bath.

Steve