Fly Tying

How could I make these better?

Hello everyone, I went outside just a little bit ago to go and do something and happened to look in the western sky and couldn't believe what I saw. I love the colors of the clouds/sky on this with the moon and star in it. But what could I have done to make it look better? I could have had the roof tops of houses on the bottom but then I thought they would be out of focus because I really wanted to focus on the sky. I am just trying to improve on my photographing skills (if I have any). This was taken with the autofocus on (of course) with the auto appeture and the ISO set at 200. I noticed if I increased the ISO it started bleaching out the colors and I didn't want that. This was taken with my 300mm not totally zoomed in all the way. If I went with my 80mm I might have been able to get the roof tops in it but then the moon and star would have been awfully small and not as noticeable (I think).

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks everyone.

Jim

G'day Jim. These are magnificent photo's. I'm glad you didn't get the roof tops in they may have taken away the majesty of the moon, the star & the sky.

I've set the top photo as my computer screen background.

Well worth considering enlarging & framing this photo.

Warren.

I believe that's either Venus or Mars...not for sure though.

It's been a while since I taken out my telescope, so I'm not that up-to-date right now on the location of the planets...

The best bet is Venus for now...I think Mars rises a little later this time of year.

I believe that's either Venus or Mars...not for sure though.

It's been a while since I taken out my telescope, so I'm not that up-to-date right now on the location of the planets...

The best bet is Venus for now...I think Mars rises a little later this time of year.

Yep, it is Venus. Just checked Sky & Telescopes site. Tonight should be quite a site as well.

Sky and Telescopes Web Site

J cool photo!

Try this one. Open up photoshop, filters, Blur, Gaussian Blur set it at 3.0

then go to edit, Fade Gaussian Blur and select multiply!

Here is your results!

Enjoy~

post-1492-1185550288_thumb.jpg

That is cool Jay. There is so much in photoshop that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Thanks

Jim