Fly Tying
mnorton

SMALL HOOKS

Oldfart,

I still like turned down eyes for those sizes... but don't use "turned up" eyes, as they will not hook on many takes... I speak from experience!

Bowfin47

I really like the Big Eye or enlarged eye hooks in sizes 20-24. Only wish the Tiemco 2487 or equivalent fine wire curved scud hook had a large eye option.

I'll have to check this again, but I believe Grip Hooks from ScientificFly in South Africa has a fine wire scud hook down to a #20 with a larger eye, which anglers in South Africa need for the larger tippets they use with smaller flies to hook yellowfish.

http://scientificfly.com/show_prod.php?pro...&category=1

What are anyone's favorite small fly hooks? Thanks.

I'm not about to argue with the likes of A.K. Best....but I'm just thinking laws of physics here.... If I pull up an a down eyed hook...the hook point SHOULD go down, making it more available for hook ups. Just a stupid momentary theory of mine...after two beers. I tie a lot of small flies. I like fishing them....though I have no clue why since I can't see the little &%$#ers. I don't have too much trouble hooking up if I can actually see the take. LOL