Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
catskilljohn

General Practitioners

After seeing David Nelsons squimpish flies both at Somerset and in posts here, I dug out some of Jack Cooks dyed Rhea and Waddington shanks. There are also a few GP's in orange, black and blue.

IPB Image

Dave, your stuff is absolutely beautiful, thanks for inspiring me! CJ

John, ya done good..........REAL GOOD! .....as always Bro. And man i can RElate! David has REALLY got me inspired as well. I just got back from Arkansas last night.....8 day round trip. Left the day after the CFTG meetin' and got a whole-hell-of-a-lot done while i was there. But, one thing i decided during the week was that we are NOT going to tye at Somerset this year. We may not even make it to the show at all. I gave the CFTG over 10 years of volunterrin' to tye at the shows........my trick is turned. With all the travellin and hotel expense we have commin' up next year, i think we'll just pass on Somerset for '08. I go there, i'm just gonna spend a bunch O money anyway. Rather hire a guide when i'm in Florida in March and catch a fish or two. he he he he he he he.................Bottom line. I left all the tyin' "road stuff" in Arkansas and i'm goin' right back (with yet another load) to get more accomplished in the tyin' room and all around the place. David has got me SO Jacked Up to try some new things..........for instance.........i got a **** load of saltwater hooks............HELLO. You see how he uses 'em. Dig? And that's just the beginning. So, i just wanna "get back, ...get back, ...get back to where i once belonged"..........metaphorically speakin' of course. And my new tyin' room has got me even MO Jacked-UP! All the materials are so much more easily assessable because of all the room. It's a BITCH Bro. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Sure hope you come and visit one day. I get you in the Sowbug Bro. :D and March is a great time on the rivers there. Perfect weather. You think bout that when you up here freezing your ass off. :hyst: later, mark..... B)

John...these are hot!!

so hot

I know a place on the lower eb where the browns will crush those and all will be 20 inchs plus..

love the ackroyd to boot!

p/u some albino peacock "butterfly" tail feathers and you will find that leanth for the wings up @ the eye...while not exactly like a slip of feathers teh fibres will give the effect u want

really impressive flies

david

After seeing David Nelsons squimpish flies both at Somerset and in posts here, I dug out some of Jack Cooks dyed Rhea and Waddington shanks. There are also a few GP's in orange, black and blue.

IPB Image

Dave, your stuff is absolutely beautiful, thanks for inspiring me! CJ

hi John

Very nice GP's

I like the different colour variations - and the one on the waddington with the detached hook and the very long hackle very inspiring. I am sure that looks great in the current. Never seen that before.

:thumbsup:

Regards

Jens