Fly Tying
Crazynymph

Nymphs for trout

I've had real good luck on Prince nymphs.

Those are quite simple. Something about those white biots. It almost seems that the trout zoom in on them

Prince nymphs, zug bugs, and metallic caddis have always been good to me. Hmm...is it coincidence that all three of these patterns have some peacock herl in them? I think not. wink.gif

I like the mini muddler in a nymph style with the wings clipped back. It is easy to tie and you can use either silver or gold tinsel for the body depending on the area you fish. Plus even if you screw it up it's the right way to tie it as the buggier the better. Check www.ausablewulff.com .

The Don

I know it's boring, but here in MT, I've had the most success on both rainbows and browns with the plain old bead head hare's, seems to be the most reliable, consistent, and above all, easy to tie.

I also just started tying a little brassy one that consists of just a brass wire wrapped body with a peacock herl head (couple of wraps). You can add a bead if you want on that pattern as well. Seems to work on the smaller spring-creek sizes (20-24) really well.

Have fun!

KD

i agree with anything that uses peacock herl!! dont know what it is but the trout love it!!