Fly Tying

SALTERS UNITE!!!

To the Austere Members of this Community rolleyes.gif

This is a poll without the poll counter-

We, the Grand Poo-Bahs, Semi-Grands and Third Level Flunkies who administer or moderate these fine forums wish to know:

1. How many salt water fisher-type people we have connected to us.

2. Where.

3. Is there enough interest among the salters to create a sub-section in Fishing Reports or a complete new forum dedicated to salt water pursuits.

Many if not all of us knock around other salt-only boards or those which have salt sections. It makes sense to me, as a general all-round crabby old fisher-type person to have a salt section of some type-

Thoughts???

If you feel that a "reports" section is warrented and keep the existing one for patterns.. that's fine with me...or divide the existing one into "reports" and "paterns" that's fine.

I don't fish the salt very often even though its only 2hrs away (I live in PA, would travel to NJ and MD for salt), but I enjoy tying saltwater flies for those that enjoy saltwater fishing.

I think it would be good to expand the site a little since it is growing. Maybe a slot for saltwater flies or saltwater species , another one for reports and one for saltwater fishing and tips.

Hope this helps,

Chip

To the Third-Level Flunkees and above.... wink.gif

I fish the salty coast from CT north through RI, MA, NH, and ME.

I have a feeling that once the fishing picks up this forum will really get going, and having some subtopics may be a good idea. Then again, you probably don't want to spread things out too thin either.

Regards,

The Professional Fence Straddler tongue.gif

I fish about 50% saltwater and the rest fresh. I'm in southwest Louisiana. I haven't been out much this spring because most of the free days I've had have been stormy. Not found of waving a graphite stick around in thunderstorms. So I haven't had mcuh to report....

Mark Delaney

I fish the salt once a year-for a week in September I'd fishmore given a chance.I tie salt water quite often.

Ashley

I'd say that saltwater is where I spend at least 75% of my time with the long rod, specifically in NY, NJ (LBI), and Florida (Keys and West Coast). I'll be expanding that territory to include ME in the next month. Maybe regional pattern sections would useful (i.e. Northeast, Mid-Atlantc, Keys/Carribbean, Gulf of Mexico, etc.).

Please forgive me, but I find it more enjoyable to hunt fish in the salt than in the streams of our land, beautiful as the surroundings and fish are. But after all, I am a marine scientist. rolleyes.gif Not to knock freshwater fishing when there are smallies and pike involved... biggrin.gif

i live in rhode island and fish salt a few times a year. love stripers or false albacore on a fly!! but for the most part i fly fish for trout biggrin.gif

I am a salt water die hard from waretown nj on the barnegat bay. I fish about 175 -200 days a year and about one week a year is in fresh water the rest is on the beach and boat. I like the salt water section of this site for patterns and a reports or tip section might be nice but I know that as for myself I dont get to go on the computer as much while the fish are bighting. I would love to read about others good fortune and hear what is working best for others though

I have a list of "tips", which I will be using for the "Fishing The Cape" Orvis Advanced Flyfishing School ,which I am this years director. I will begin a series on these tips shortly as well as a list of the things you need with you for a day of beach or shore fishing. This list will be the absolute essentials and will be geared to light travel.

I live in SE PA and do most of my salt water fishing before Memorial Day and after Labor Day down the shore(Jersey)from Brigantine south to Cape May Point. I might make a trip or two to IBSP during the season or an occasional trip to a more exotic place like Guam, though I've got Okinawa in my sights for mid-June.

Format's pretty good as is, but a tips segment sounds good

90% of my time on the water is spent in saltwater. But I don't look at myself as being a fresh or saltwater fisherman. I'm just a fisherman. My normal range is from Homossassa to Naples with the occasional road trip to the Keys or the Mosquito Lagoon.

I live near philly and do alot of saltwater fishing, but most of it is with bait or plugs. I ussualy end up somewhere near Belmar NJ because it is only about 45 minutes from my house. I don't have the skills to FF saltwater just yet and don't know anyone who can show me dunno.gif .

I'm in South Jersey all the time (grew up in Marlton) and try to make it down to the beach as often as possible; typically go down to LBI. Maybe we can get some guys together from the forum and meet somewhere at the shore during the season.