Fly Tying
sniksoh

Large Mouth Box Officially Done!

Black and just about anything (purple, red, blue, chartreuse, olive, white, grey, gold, silver, and brown to name some popular ones).

Blue and Chartreuse is good

Blue and white

Blue and purple with lots of blue or pearl flash

Red and chartreuse with black

red and white

I like purple and white, particularly in baitfish imitations.

Olive and chartreuse is killer.

Just remember that the dark colors go on top and the light colors go on the bottom, just like in nature.

Experiment and find what works for you.

brown with orange has always worked well for me. I've had days when you couldn't get a bite on black, switch to brown and orange and catch a ton of small mouth. Black a purple works pretty good in stained water or still water. With clear water creeks you often times need to match the color a little closer.

Black and purple baits shaped like snalke or water dogs works. Brown and orange for crayfish shapes, like buggers and such.

Your bright green will work better than anything about two days after a storm goes thru. The mud clears from the water and you're left with that dark green water. When you see the dark green water those bait you have tied will flat out work better than any othr color. Fish then like minnows.

White is also a standard color, as is yellow or even combinations of the two.