Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Welcome to michigan

Are we ever gonna have a day without rain around here??? here i am walking home from the gas station......i think i stepped on a bass on the way home rolleyes.gif

user posted image

For the last couple years I never thought I would be complaining about the amount of rain and the river levels being to high, in fact Michigan the last few years the lakes have been suffering from historic Low water levels.

We really needed a year like this and maybe a few more I understand the frustration of being able to get out on your favorite streams to fish I too am suffering. crying.gif

But as my Kids would say (It's all good) smile.gif

OSD.

That is very true bob i was just saying the same thing yesterday about the water levels needing this type of spring......but i still have to crying.gif baby.gif a bit wink.gif

Now if it rains on my memorial day fishing trip then your really gonna hear some crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

HAHA. Sucks for yall. Send some rain down here. The greens are so hard, it`s hard to keep a ball on it. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

I agree bob, we sure need at least a few years of heavy rains to help out with the water situation we got going. Closing some bottling plants might also help, but people need jobs doing something. Just frustrating when you're stuck inside. When this deluge is over, i'll have enough flies for the next 20 years for steelhead.... though i gotta kick over to trout mode....

steve

I hear ya. I was telling Shoe two weeks ago that we have been complaining about low water for two steelie seasons and we have to get it all back at one time to drown out or trout fishing.

To top it off I had a long float planned for Saturday and we are putting together contingency plans since it's supposed to be the day with the most rain. Damn Injun and his dance. wink.gif

Bad new guys is, that I heard that this drought in the midwest, according to geological history, is likely to last about a decade... already in year 6 or 7 they said.... YUKKY!

'Nix

Hard to believe that it's been 18 years since high water has lapped at the back door of many lakefront cottages.

I believe someone on this board mentioned that a long-term forecast calls for an unseasonably wet June as well. Seeing we can't change the weather, we might as well adapt and tie some larger, more colorful streamers. wink.gif

The fish don't mind, they're already wet. laugh.gif Now if we could direct the rain during the working hours...

Just like Bob and Steve said, we need several years of "above average precipitation" to restore the levels and fill the aquifers.

SD, where are you going Memorial Weekend?

QUOTE (redneckfisherman @ May 20 2004, 10:58 PM)
HAHA. Sucks for yall. Send some rain down here. The greens are so hard, it`s hard to keep a ball on it. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Grayson, don't be a smartass or I'll curse your short game to the point you never have to worry about sinking a putt again! devil.gif

Dave,

How about sending a blessing my way for the putter...

Im at the point I may have to submit a sacrafice....