Fly Tying

Marabou Baitfish

Pual,

Yes the tail, wing and throat are all marabou. It's a super quick and easy tie that should give alot of action in the water wink.gif

SD,

I added the peacock herl to show the dark lateral line that is on alot of our shad. I was going to add some krystal flash but I actually forgot to tie it in and didn't realize it until after I finished the fly blink.gif

Thanks, and I think the Krystal Flash (rainbow?) would be a nice addition. Tied in a bit longer than the marabou, as in a Clouser, perhaps.

I plan to tie up some of these for the next wiper adventure, which, alas, will not be for some months now. That show just closed down here for the summer.

In the meantime, your pattern should work well for smallies, also.

I have had the most success on wipers with the tan over white Clousers. For wipers, I may tie up some of your pattern with some tan marabou on top, under the herl of course.

What do you think about that?

-- Paul

Bloomington, Indiana

Yea I think that would work great. The good thing about this simple fly is the variations that can be done with it are endless. I am actually thinking of doing some with a white tail but a gray marabou wing. I wish I would have had a few of these when we were chasing the wipers but we finished fishing for them last weekend and I am now concentrating on the smallies and I believe they are gonna love them.

I see your around Bloomington.....any good Smallmouth water up that way? biggrin.gif

hi will :thumbup: .... what a little beuty :D .........simple but effective :) .... yes i have alot of baitfish/galaxia (not sure if you have them there :dunno: ) patterns that use marabou including some similar patterns to that of yours :thumbsup: ...... dont know if anyone wants me to post them :dunno: .... if so i might start a forum on baitfish flies :bugeyes: ....... great job will :thumbup:...... p.s. :bait :lol2:

:) Nice tye. I think the flash may hold up better than the herl. Nice and simple. I like it. :yahoo: