Fly Tying
oatka

Streamer Box

Here's a box of streamers I tied up for someone else!

Now after fishing streamers for trout, I got to tie a box for myself!

IPB Image

Hi oatka,

That is a great looking bunch of flies and streamer fishing is one of my favorite ways to fish, especially from a drift boat. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I have recently been tying/using a variation of the Mickey Finn streamer in rather large sizes and have found it surprisingly effective for the river trout here! What would you say your best go to streamer is?

I have recently been tying/using a variation of the Mickey Finn streamer in rather large sizes and have found it surprisingly effective for the river trout here! What would you say your best go to streamer is?

Honestly, until about 2 weeks ago I had only fished a streamer for trout once.....well...maybe more if you count the lake run browns, i might have fished streamers for them. My favorite fly right now is one I didn't even tie, but got years ago on my birthday. It's like a mickey finn, small and simple, but I caught a trout on it today, and missed about 5 more!