Fly Tying
Guest Big E

Scud/Czech/Polish Nymph Swap

BigE, I can post the recipe, but my photographic abilities are poor, so there may not be any pictures :baby:

Bud, thanks for the info. I'll do a search for that stuff and see what I can come up with. :headbang:

Bud, I looked up the info on the Ramseys web site. They had scud back by Wapsi, which is the stuff I'm using, and presumably the stuff that you got. It takes marker very well, textured one side and is a good scud back. Many times, I need a bit thicker scud back and that's when I start trying other materials. One other good one I've used for bigger applications is called Dura Skin from D's Flys in Denver. It works well, but doesn't stretch as well as the Wapsi scud back. I need to find a material that has both qualities. . .

Guest Big E

Bud, received your flies on Thursday. Very awesome and most generous. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the extras.

Guest Big E

FlyGirl, I received your flies today and all I can say is "I'm not worthy"

I'm pulling out my lupe tonight to get a better look.

U got mad skilz girl

Big E:

I will be tying this set up rather quickly, I have to take a trip to be with the family over the 4th. My mom has had her cancer spread and I just don't know how much quality time we will have left. So please send me your ADDY.

Frank aka Student4evr

need addy... been trying something new but not working. So i've got some others tied up.

tt

hey Big E, i got mine finished if you will send me an address, I shall send them on their way.

I took some pictures and if I can get the pc to cooperate I will post them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-4914-1214526568_thumb.jpg Here ismy offering, It is a little different but I have caught some small brownies on it. Hope yall like

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guest Big E

Nice segmentation B. Do you leave the skin loose over the top before tying off or do you pull it tight and then wrap the mono real tight?

I've been pulling mine tight and I'm not getting segmentation like that.