IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Maybe I posted too many of these :wacko: When I got my own fly tying vice in January 2007 I was immediately intrigued by the realistic patterns I saw on the web. I'm always on the move searching for new ideas :baby:

Maybe I posted too many of these

no way, post more!

:bugeyes: Those are awesome!

Thanks guys!

By the way the material used for that grey larva or some sort of shrimp is hazel grouse's toe skin :P The gills are also from a hazel grouse.

Wonderful set of flies, Jopeli! Those are some of the most realistic looking fishing flies I've seen. They remind me a lot of the work of a member named uffepuffe (his fishing flies are incredible).

I am amazed by the gray scud pattern you posted. That grouse toe skin back is one of the most creative and realistic versions I've seen.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Thanks!

Yeah, that gray one is quite realistic and I'm free to say that, because I didn't develop it. It was developed by a Finnish FQSA Master Tyer whose nick on a one Finnish forum (TAOFT) is ismos. Unfortunately I don't remember his real name :(

Uffepuffe's flies really are beautiful. He's also a member on that same Finnish forum and sometimes adds there a fly or two. That Swede knows how to tie flies :boxing: Maybe my flies resemble a little bit of his , because I've seen his creations since I started tying or maybe it's the Scandinavian style of tying flies :)

Joel, Those flies are staggeringly good, I think that the general opinion is that you post as much and as often as you can. I can't believe that you started a year and a bit ago, your powers of observation & interpretation are unique.

I'm glad you like my flies arkle. I'm trying to improve, but the oncoming matriculation examination and entrance examinations to universities may slow me down :P

This forum also helps me with my English :scooter:

Joel, First of all, very best of luck with your exams. Your "English" seems to be a lot better than many "English speakers" that one sees on various forums.

Joel ,I don't know alot about cold water insects but that second insect is just awsome. It looks to be very intricate with lots of detail work.Keep it up and keep posting pics.

that second insect is just awsome. It looks to be very intricate with lots of detail work.

Thanks Fred, but I hope you noticed that the fly you're talking about is mainly a piece of hazel grouse's toe skin tied on a hook. I feel like cheating :D

killer job on the Scud :headbang: One of the most kick azz realistics i've seen in a long time.

Fred, i'm sure any good sized bird foot would do. I'm gonna check out my buddys phesant farm and have a gander :lol: That's so killer looking!

I rely on our summer cottage. It's good to have a set of clean and clear windows B)