Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Just saying hey

Hey everyone! I'm 15 and originaly from Texas, but have been living in North Carolina now for 3 or 4 years. I have fished for bass with baitcasting gear for about 5 years and have recently been turned on to fly fishing. Someone told me that once I started fly fishing I wouldn't want to do anything els. Wouldn't you know it, he was right. I have absolutely fallen in love with the sport and now fly fish for bluegill and trout. Being that I'm new to the sport I hope you guys don't mind that almost all of my posts will be questions, half from me and half I will be asking for my dad. tight lines ya'll-Scott

Ask away Scott

You will find that you will always find someone to help with your questions.

You will also find that past post are very helpful too, as there is allot of fly fisherman that are full of it. (Information that is) bs.gif dunno.gif

Welcome aboard

OSD.

Welcome to the site Scott!!! It's always good to see guys your age getting into the sport and wish I had started a few years younger than I did. Ask as many questions as you like it gives the old guys around here something to do wink.gif

Welcome Scott its always great to see a younger guy get involved in fly fishing and tying so anyone here will be happy to lend any info we can to you and dad so just ask.

Its been said before but i'll say it again since its very true......the only dumb question is one that is not asked smile.gif

SD

Hey Scott! Welcome to the site and to the great state of North Carolina. I'm in my third year here from Michigan and have to say there is far more good fishing here than I expected. We have been on the prowl here for bass and bluegill all spring and have found a few good spots near where I live north of Charlotte. The neat part about NC is the warm water fishing near Charlotte, the trout in the mountains and the salt water fishing not too very far away on the coast. Next weekend a few of us are getting together in northern NC for smallie action on the New River. There are a few websites aimed at fly fishing in NC that give you the chance to learn a lot from like-minded souls who live here.

A few of us are in the process of starting up a fly fishing club in NC aimed at education and outings and anything else the members want to see. It is in the start-up stage and the first active step will be a questionaire asking potential members what they want out of a club. When moving here I looked high and low for a fly fishing club and it seems the only decent clubs were T.U. chapters. This new club will focus mainly on the enjoyement of fly fishing.

PM me if you need links.

Hey, TimRussel is a member here, who is also from NC, 15 years old, and got told the same exact thing you did...only it came from me. lol. I`m 14 myself. All kinds of fellow youngsters joinin! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Nice to have you with us Scott. This fly fishing is definitely addictive.

I just returned from a week in the mountains of North Central PA. My friends and I had a ball fly fishing for trout. We had some great hatches and the dry fly fishing was really good but also a bit frustrating at times. With many different may flies coming off at the same time, it was hard to determine what they wanted. At times they seemed to be taking emergers and then start taking duns or spinners at the same time. But that's what makes it fun.

Welcome again. Stay in touch.

Scott,

Welcome aboard!! You have found the place to be. Great folks, good times and all willing to share their knowledge, with no elitism like you might find elsewhere. Hope you enjoy and jump right in.

Tight Lines,

Fatman