Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Varety of Mushrooms

The recent rains have brought out a crop of mushrooms. Once I noticed them I saw them all over the place when I was walking through the local woods. The variety was surprising.

Hope you enjoy these shots.

post-4573-1215912733_thumb.jpgpost-4573-1215912748_thumb.jpgpost-4573-1215912765_thumb.jpg

post-4573-1215912783_thumb.jpgpost-4573-1215912806_thumb.jpgpost-4573-1215912823_thumb.jpg

Beautiful shots. Lighting is great and the colors are amazing. Way to go.

Ray, those are some pretty sharp shots. The color is also very vivid. Very nice pictures.

Ashby

Hi Ray,

I like them all but I have to ask, "Did you lay the twig on #3 (upper right corner)?" Just wondering. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thanks guys.

Al, I did not place that stick on the mushroom. It was already there when I noticed it. The mushroom either grew up underneath the stick, or it fell off a tree and landed that way. I probably should have moved it for the photo, but I chose to shot it as Mother Nature presented it.

The fun part of taking these photos was getting the prespective low enough. In most cases I had the camera right at ground level to try to show the underside of the mushroom (interesting textures). Fortunately my Pentax camera has a video display so I could still see to compost the picture. I'd have been down on my belly looking thru the view finder if I had used my Canon DSLR. At first I had missed the view finder on the Pentax camera, but now I have gotten to depend on the video display. I wish my Rebel had the same feature.

- Ray

Great shots Ray. Really like the 2nd one. Reminds me of Mom's "Mushroom Surprise Meatloaf". (She couldn't tell toxic 'rooms from the good ones)