Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Way off topic

I just turned on AMC and they are showing a version of Silence of the Lambs with William Peterson playing the role of the FBI agent! He looks to be about 20. I always thought that the version with Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster was based directly on the book and didn't know that there was an earlier version. Anybody else seen this?

"you might be a redneck if you think silence of the lambs is when larry goes out to the barn" Jeff Foxworthy Blue collar comedy tour

Some states are trying to abolish the death penalty my state is putting in an express lane ron white

i don't want to be drunk in publick i want to be drunk in a bar which is perfectly legal ron white

my sister is covered with moles larry the cable guy

sorry you posting silence of the lambs made me think of that

nope i havent seen any version of it

About as offbase as it gets ... however ... what you saw was a movie called "Manhunter", a very good film, some think superior to "Silence...", made in 1986, five years before "Silence...". Before "Silence..." kicked off the franchrise.

Both are based on novelist Thomas Harris's creations. The "Red Dragon" entry in the new series is a retelling of the movie you saw "Manhunter".

To tie the "Silence..." fly, use a number 4x streamer, dark red hourglass lead eyes, root beer chenille, rust maribou tail with flash.

For the "Manhunter" fly ... think smaller but same; a 2X hook, brown body, mount the hourglass eyes so the hook rides up, bright red maribou tail and rubber legs.

That should get you back into the forum.

Snag a monster.

Bob

This has got to be the wierdest topic yet blink.gif i followed your question LB but then SDH kinda lost me with quoteing jeff foxworthy,and now theres a fly pattern worked in this?? laugh.gif wink.gif

I'm lost wallbash.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Jun 5 2004, 12:56 PM)
This has got to be the wierdest topic yet blink.gif i followed your question LB but then SDH kinda lost me with quoteing jeff foxworthy,and now theres a fly pattern worked in this?? laugh.gif wink.gif

I'm lost wallbash.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif I thought I was in the twilight zone! Manhunter, yup, that was it. I couldn't really focus on the movie cause I was busy at the time, but I'm gonna see if I can rent it somewhere, it looks good! Much better than William Peterson's movie "The Beast", about the killer Giant Squid and his momma!

Now, about that fly...

Dosen't take much nowadays sean to lose me blink.gif wink.gif

LB "the beast" dont bring that movie up,i wasted 2 nights of my life that i will never get back watching that movie laugh.gif

SD

"A census taker once tried to test me.-- I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

I thought you guys just tied flies here. lol

I tied a lot of flies when I was a kid.

then mom sent me to the psychiatrist.

Now I tie mice.

It's easy, really.

they stop squirming quickly if you hold them tightly enough.

But flies' legs come off much more easily.

heh, heh, heh...