Fly Tying
eastern fly

My first creation

Nicely done. have you fished it yet?

Yes I have just one day so far. I was not a productive day with any fly that day. I am confident it will work. It was something I just put together. I will keep everyone posted.

Great job. It's a heck of a lot better than my first fly. I think I called it "ode to birds nest" Great job keep it up.

Eastern Fly-

Nice job! That looks like a great shad imitation. Could be killer if you fish tail waters when winter killed shad get passed thru the turbines and for stripers/wipers in lakes down there. It also looks like something a pike or musky might want to invite out for a dinner date.

We fish similar patterns up here for striped bass and bluefish to imitate menhaden, and sometimes there is a tendency for the material to foul around the hook in strong side currents. One thing that seems to help a bit is to tie it on a short shank hook like an Eagle Claw 254 to reduce fouling, if you ever run into that as a problem.

Looks like you're on a roll, keep em coming!

peregrines