Fly Tying
DAVIDM

showcase swap

alright here is how this one works basicly you tie up 10 of your favorite fly that you think should be in a frame or showcase. this swap will be the frist 10 tyers with iam in. the sign up dead line will be september 10 and the swap dead line will be noveber 15.Besure to ship your flies in a box big enough and strong enough to hold the flies you will be getting back.Enclose it along with a return stamped and addressed envelope into an envelope strong enough to hold it all. Don't forget to toe tag your flies.Please let me know when you ship your flies. Also please mark your envelopes with your online name and the swap nameAbove all else have fun with this swap.so what do you say.

here is my addy

David Mergendahl

57b clermont st

saugerties ny

1.me-done colorful version of Duckydoty's Crawdad

2.Spanky-GOT-

3.troutkiller08-

dosent any one want to give this a try i think i would a fun swap. what i mean by showcase is a fly that you think would look great in a frame you dont have to put the flys in a frame just tie your beast a favorite fly

I would like to be a part of this swap as I have no flies on my wall and there are several accomplished tyers here. BUT...

1) 10 Exhibition quality flies is quite a lot to tye.

2) The time frame is bad for me. Busy with work and I'm already in two other swaps.

3) Most of the guys who want flies on their wall are buddies with other tiers that have probably given them flies in the past. If you're good enough to have your fly on the wall, chances are that your wall is already covered.

4) Some of these "fancy" flies are expensive to tie. The hooks may be $20 each and some of these maniacs ( ;) ) put hundreds of dollars worth of feathers on a hook.

If you just want a fly to mount, I wouldn't mind sending you one. I still need a lot more practice before I can honestly say my flies are worthy to be in a shadowbox. But it will be a while before I have time to tie one and send it to you.

Jeff

allright let change it a little frist we will move the dead line of the swap to the middle of noveber say the 15. then the second we will make just tie 10 of your favorite fly if that works for every one

David, I'll help you get this one started.I'm in. Just about finished with the Decorative swap for sherrib. That may also be one reason that you didn't get any bites right away. My flies are not exhibition quality but I manage to get a few good ones out of each bunch.

Spanky

thanks you there Spanky your in hopley we can get the rest of the spots filled in to go ahead with this swap

i would have joined but im only begginer :bugeyes: ............... i cant tie that good..........yet :hyst: it sounds like a great idea for the pros

thats ok there troutkiller08 it dosent matter to me if your a begginer ir a pro so if you want to join then go ahead all i want is to have fun with this swap

thanks troutkiller08 hopley we can get the spots filled be for the sign up dead line if not it will be just me you and spanky