Fly Tying
feathers5

Watermark Guidelight Chest Pack

I'm not positive, but I do not think it has one. I've got a different Watermark pack and a buddy has yet another model, both from the same series/vintage as that one. Neither of them had a ring, and they all seem to be made pretty similarly.

I easily enough added one to mine. Just burned a couple holes in the shoulder straps in back and strung a piece of cord thru. A couple of knots keep my net magnet in place. You could hitch-in a ring though. Easy enough- about 10 minutes and 10 cents.

I'm feathers5 on my work computer and goosebery on my home computer from where I'm posting this reply. Do you like the Watermark Guidelight Chest Pack? I already have a Watermark Chest Pack I bought from Sierra Trading for $20 and you can't beat it. I like the looks of the Guidelight because it appears to have broader should straps and a larger back pack.

I've got the same pack as you. My buddy's is the one with the backpack and two front pouches. The backpack on his is not appreciably larger than the pouches on our style chest pack. The straps are a bit nicer though. I found the straps on the one we've got to be fine as soon as I put a couple of stitches in them to keep the pads in place on the straps.

I'm with you- Watermark makes fine products that you can't beat for the price.

Yeah I've got that one. I'll try to dig up a link to a multi-person discussion of that one over on the TFF.

Here they are:

http://www.talkflyfishing.com/index.php?sh...mp;hl=watermark

which led to...

http://www.talkflyfishing.com/index.php?sh...mp;hl=watermark

I have only used that pack once - just to hike into a lake. I don't like the chest pack portion, but really like the backpack. I still plan to do the modifications Crotalus did, looks like a nice setup. I now remember that I dropped the ball and did not return a PM from him to ship me some buckles :wallbash: (I even already paid him for them and still left him out to dry...will correct that very soon). I didn't reread the threads, but I think he ordered a bunch, and may still have extras up for grabs.

And nope, there's no net attachment point on the back of this one either. :hyst:

I hook my net to the left upper rod tube strap with a caribeaner. Works great, no intereference with my casting and i can hook the magnet up much easier with it right next to my shoulder rather than in the middle of my back.

as for the buckles, work has been nuts this week, i will get them in the mail no later than saturday morning, sorry for the delay.