Fly Tying
airedale

Could someone tie something like this for me?

I am just about finished and will post pic.on thursday.I have 3 days of guiding yet this week so I only have an hour or so a night to work on the fly.I finished my first replica and when I cast it, it always landed on its' back.I corrected the problem last night. [email protected]

I'll maybe get a pic tonight, mine is coming slowly but surely. It should start going pretty fast once I get the body to the right shape. It takes a lot to build up a 7in.+ gecko.

:dunno:

I am just about finished and will post pic.on thursday.I have 3 days of guiding yet this week so I only have an hour or so a night to work on the fly.I finished my first replica and when I cast it, it always landed on its' back.I corrected the problem last night. [email protected]

:dunno:

Sorry, I have the pic, but have not got around to posting it yet, and it is still not done, I've been unexpectedly busy these last few days, so I've not tied at all, I don't have time now either, hopefully later today. Sorry again!

I treat many of those little rascals; Fred has a very good start! The frame looks exactly right, Fred, keep it up.

I want to see all of these.

Ray

P.S.

Heck, I posted this when I just thought there was just one page. I got to the bottom of the thread and there were three more. That gecko looks great, Fred. Talk about realistics; that rascal looks like he could run away!!

Thanks Ray. I guess I'll see you in about a month at the Fly tying rendevous. If I still have her I'll bring it.

Dustin , great start. Keep us up to date from time to time. I can't wait to see another tiers take on this one.

Fred

I will have my imitation posted by sat.I've been guiding every day on the muskegon and manistee rivers for salmon and trout.We caught a few steelies on the manistee with small trout (4-6 in.) streamers in rainbow and juvenile brown tied about 18 inches behind a single egg pattern#8 in oregon cheese and washed out orange yarn.

The muskegon produced some nice browns that were feeding below the spawning salmon on the same egg colors and green #8 nymphs. We did great on smallmouth, just by accident, in some of the deeper slower runs and pools.The heads and tailouts were the most consistent.Nothing giant, just 10 - 16 inch smallies.A lot of fun during the middle of the day.The majority were taking 2-4 inch "Crabsters" a weighted fly I tie that combines attributes of shrimp, lobsters, crawdads and crabs in a flourocarbon weedguard design with the hook riding up.

I look forward to finishing this reptile.It's been fun. [email protected]

O.K., I've got a little behind on this, I've been working on it just a little bit. It'll be a while before I get mine done, but it is looking more like a leopard gecko than it did a couple weeks ago. :)

Here is a picture of where I'm at.

DSCF4044-1.jpg

Like I said, still a ways to go, but it is coming along.

I still need to build up the legs, finish the head, paint it, color it, and then do detail. All in all it's going well.