Fly Tying
willowhead

Antique Spey.....sorta ;>)

Well, here's a new fly on an old hook.....first fly i've done usin' the old blind eyes i found yesterday in the local Antique Tackle Shop. These hooks just have an incredable look to them......... This fly has a double tag.....one of a copperish colored braid material by Krenick, and then another which is a copper or brass bead.....not sure which. Under the bead is a huge pile of colored thread, which i painted yellow and orange.....and you can see that "THRU" the bead..... :P the pic may not show it well.....but the bead is entirely hollow, end to end.....as if it's just the shell of a bead. VERY cool bead. And it's not round, it's more or less a tube bead.

The forward part of the body is a chartruse sparkle chenille, and the wing is some kinna synthetic hair material with a bit of flash in it. I hadda seperate the collar/over wing so you could see the bead when i took the photo.....but it completely surrounds the fly actually. The material is Whiting Bird Fur/or Spey Hackle.

The pic will be added later. My wife is sleepin' in today just a bit. We were up almost all night again. :D

Try back later.....

mark..... ;)

The fly will be here in just a few minutes...............check back. mark ;)

Ok, here it is.......lousy lighting, so the bead and underbody work beneath the bead are hard to see.......guess you'll just have to come over and hang out. :D

post-392-1226103216_thumb.jpg

Mark - I really love the look of the synthetic material in the wing and the profile of the fly. If you get a chance, try to take a picture of this fly with some better lighting. Natural lighting would be best, but its harder to come by now that the days are getting shorter. I don't think your photo does this pattern justice. Unfortunately we can't see the details you described regarding the cool bead.

Mark - I really love the look of the synthetic material in the wing and the profile of the fly. If you get a chance, try to take a picture of this fly with some better lighting. Natural lighting would be best, but its harder to come by now that the days are getting shorter. I don't think your photo does this pattern justice. Unfortunately we can't see the details you described regarding the cool bead.

......or the cool antique hook. :lol:

Yeah, i know........the pic suckx! Maybe i'll try and take one outside tomorrow. If i can find time............hey, i gotta blow leaves tomorrow anyway.......hehehehe. We're leavin' to head back north, (Roscoe/Manhattan, N.Y., Danbury, Conn., Somerset, N.J. and Mason, Michigan) three more shows and the year is finished............all except for the party. :D Sat. Dec. 6th.......from 6 p.m. RSVP 870-431-8955 call after Dec. 15th, and don't come bowlegged. :nono: ......... :yahoo: :hyst: :thumbup: :ban: :cheers: :kicking: :lol2: :P

Dear Mark. :thumbup:

You give me sunshine :)

the yellow speyhackle looks just lovely, and the red head is soo nice.

Hard to see the bead in that foto....

Regards Claudia

TKX. Claudia.....glad you like it..............phist...............ssssssshhhhhhhh.........................don't tell nobody......................but if my pics were any better...............they'd run me outta town for tyin' such lousey flies.............................. :hyst: :lol: :D :P :lol2: ;) mark..... B)

Cool stuff Mark,

you really did a good job with this one, the bead fits nice eh, that hook is cool too!

Phil

Phil..........you phishin' for some beads........... :lol: :P :D :rolleyes: .................just kiddin'.............seriously though.........i'll send you a selction if you'd like to try a few things out

.....just remember, don't put the eye on until the beads already on.................. :hyst: :help: :dunno: :angry: .......just lemme know..........i'll send you a handfull of various cool bean beads. ya never know..........we might start a revolution...............oh wait a minute.........it's after the 4th...................the revolution's over. rotmfflmffao............... B) mark..... btw, TKX! ;)

pretty cool fly! I love the full hackle and the wing material is pretty cool too. The only issue I have is the taper of the tag. It looks like it tapers from back to front. Maybe that was intentional? Either way sweet fly!

Mark,

I like that rascal, what I can see, but you either need photography lessons, a new camera or have your Arkansas home wired with electricity so you can get light on your flies, or all three. :D We can't see 'em!!

Ray