Fly Tying
willowhead

AUTUMN LEAVES

This puppy's freash outta the vise...............and i aploigize :D for the lousey pic..........again. i GOT to get this pic taken **** together. :P

there's three different "Vintage" tinsels on this puppy..........tag is a fine gold oval.......and the rib is a pretty wide flat, segmented copper, follwed by a very shinny flashy thin embosed copper. The ribbing actually KILLS.........but you'd never know it because of the lousey pic.

The tail is Kori veiled with Barred Woddy, "mixed" and the wing is actually bout 6 different colors of dyed turkey from Jens, "Mangeld" :hyst: .........i figured since everyne has been doin' Fall Season themed flies..............why not............

The Schllapen for the collar is a KILLER shade of Orange...........and i tried, (in my own wacked out humble way) to keep the damn thing as antiquish lookin' as i could...........because of the hook............course i aint much for antiques.............rather drive the "Newest" model.................you dig? i even used the "antique stained Japanese gut" to keep that old look.......and i did not dye the eye, like i usually do on most of my flies.....

The hook is a 6/0 very very old hook i got at a local Antique Tackle shop. It's actually taperd but has a kinna knob at the end of it.....it's round from where the taper begins to where the eye "would be".....and flat from where the taper begins, on back. Just a totally cool hook, (forged) with a real cool bend/barb/point. Easy, mark..... B)

Thankx Rocky..........but i'm just a bit depressed right now................got my volume two copy of Fly Tyers Of The World in the mail today.................need i say more..............................i dunno why i do this to myself...................specially when i just happen to know EXACTLY where a razor blade is at present. :( :( :( :( :(

Hey thankx guys.......i almost posted this one over at the CFT site.........but i'm not puttin' myself thru that no more. This page is so much more relaxed and mellow....kinna laid back. And i can dig it. Tight wraps, mark..... B)

p.s. Alex, if you like the hook that much, i'll bring it (to Mason), the other one of the two smaller ones outta the 8 i got, and you can have it. ;)

Alright! sounds good. Thank you very much. I love the barb/point area on it and the overall shape. Very cool..

Mark,

I like Autumn Leaves, what a beautiful fly! I love the colors and the look. Good going.

I really enjoyed seeing you all last weekend. Like you said in another post, great food and lots of fun.

Ray

Thankx Ray.....we were very happy to see you again as well......your always a fun, and very positive guy to have at an event.......you keep people laughin' all the time. Not to mention your a hell of a good tyer. Sure hope you'll be at the Sowbug again in March. Ya GOTTA come over and hang out. And bring your partner. He tyes a mean fly himself. Later Gator. mark..... ;)