Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

A twist to a couple of deer pictures

Ok so I was bored tonight and played around with a couple of deer pictures. I have posted the originals and the new edited ones. Whatcha'll think?

Original

__IGP2049w.jpg

New

__IGP2049f.jpg

Original

__IGP2066w.jpg

New

__IGP2066f.jpg

Thanks

Jim

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Thanks Peter. I'm not sure how much I will use this effect. But I think on a old building this would look great.

Thanks

Jim

I'm not sure why, but the effect is jarring on the first photo and quite pleasing on the second one. Maybe because the second image was lower contrast to begin with. Anyone else get the same sensation?

Good shots, Jim -- and some creative Photoshop work!

John

I'm not sure why, but the effect is jarring on the first photo and quite pleasing on the second one. Maybe because the second image was lower contrast to begin with. Anyone else get the same sensation?

Good shots, Jim -- and some creative Photoshop work!

John

I like the second one just a tad better as well. I don't know if it's the contrast so much - maybe a little less saturation in #1 would give the image a more pastoral feel. (assuming that's what Jim is going for, which is a big assumption on my part LOL) Still, they're both fun pix. The beauty of Photoshop is that you never run out of ways to experiment.

Thanks John and Peter. I'm thinking the second one would look pretty cool on like a old fashion greeting card with how it is blown out on the colors. The first one I did add contrast to it because I didn't really care too much for the blown out colors of the second one. Man this is confusing lol. Also the second picture is the first attempt at this technique. Are we taking bets to see if I could make this anymore confusing :rolleyes: . Anywho, I like the first one best, maybe because of how my eyes are. The washed out photos just really look blaw to them. But anywho thanks for the replies. I have to get out and get some scenic shots and try this out on.

Thanks again John and Peter.

Jim

Agreed; I think the second image would make a great greeting card. Don't let any of this confuse you - just remember that you're the final arbiter of what your pictures should look like. There's more than one way to do things and it's your personal vision that counts in the long run. Here are a couple of guys who would whack you over the head with contrast, and they rank among the all-time greats.

http://www.mariogiacomelli.it/index.html

http://brettwestonarchive.com/index.php